Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Top of Utah Marathon 2008

OK here are the dreaded pics for the Logan Marathon! It was such a beautiful course the fall leaves coming out of the canyon were amazing, we ran along side of a river for alot of the beginning, I really didn't know what to expect since this was my first Logan race but it definitely did not feel like we were running downhill out of a canyon! The first 19 miles actually felt great and I was at a good time right on for my qualifying time under 3hrs 40min but then we hit the 6 miles into the neighborhoods and it was miserable!!! It was constant zig-zaging up and down blocks trying to get the full 26.2 miles in, who thought of that idea?!! Anyways I will end on a positive note I finished at 3hrs 54min slower than my last years time but I have a chance to redeem myself next week at the St George marathon, I can't believe I am saying this but I can't wait to run again I am not Satisfied!





I had such a great support group it was so much fun seeing
them throughout the course! Thanks for coming and cheering
me on!



8 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

You ROCK! Good job girl!

Darla said...

Cass! You are awsome!! You're my hero! I talked to Sarah the other day, I am totally going to come down and see you all!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Great job and you are going to do so awesome in St. George! I can't wait to run it and to get it over with. You will definitely qualify!

Laci said...

You are amazing Cassie!! Great job!

The Tophams said...

Way to go! I talked to Dani and she said your were disappointed in the stupid course they had, sounds pretty crappy to me, but then again just the thought of running 26 miles makes be want to barf.....again. Good luck in St. George, you'll do awesome!

Ralaina said...

I am so proud of you! That is an awesome time!! I can't believe you are doing it again so soon! I really am envious, it sounds so fun!

Lindsay said...

You are a total babe! I know you felt sucky, but I'm so proud of you!

Chellese said...

Wow! You are a maniac, Cassie, but I'm sure you've already been told that many times. Good job and good luck in St. George.